Thursday, December 11, 2008

The one about complaining

I had a million happy things to blog about but as usual I procrastinate.
I had been thinking that this had been a fairly decent year. Surely, I was plauged with what I like to call the bad luck phase from nov into the start of the year, it weaned off and now I consider myself in a somewhat much better position.

Yeah, something irked me today. Pissed me. Many things, in fact.

One was Alboy. I do not know why but I am just extremely irritated at him. Yup he spent a lot of time preparing for his exam, I made myself sacred. I helped him with stuff. Then all he could do/say was like things like , oh you are the best blar blar blar. Sure, he might have mean it but words mean nothing to be if you dont back them with action. Ironic how I complain abt my procrastination in the first sentence. You say one thing, and once your exam is over you plunge straight back into work. Work is always urgent, the most important. Granted work is important and you probably have piled up work but pioritise and just put me on top for once. Dont say you will meet me and blow it off. Sigh. And I am not even having pms yet.

Next, I attended a fairly decent wedding recently. Open concept, not the usual 10 course dinner. It was messy, it was hard to eat but the company was good. I was all ready to rate it a 7 out of 10, until I saw the groom's msn nick and the score plunged all the way to 1. His nick was, ideal wedding, checked. I mean, wtf. What is an ideal wedding? and how is an ideal wedding important. I still sway back n forth on the whole wedding and marriage thing. On a good day, I think its good to get married. On bad days, I just see no point. With regards to my earlier para, today is obviously a bad day. First, why is there always more emphasis on the wedding instead of the marriage. If I have my way, I will just go into the room and be done with it in 5 mins. No need for months and months of elaborate preperation. Waste of time. If a celebratory is needed, I would do it on the sg flyer. Stuff the people into the cabins, one revolution and bye. The guest prob like it cos it cost way lesser than a 150 dollars angbao and its less time consuming too. They say little girls grow up fantasing about their wedding, I never did. Not even now.

No comments: