Friday, February 05, 2010

a post of sorts

ha so i did pass my cfa and am quite relieved about it. The thought of having to restudy it, not to mention to ship my study materials halfway across the globe, would have destroyed me. Also, it means that as y put it, i am a good student. I am not sure if i am able to apply the material i study in a real life scenario but i sure know how to take exams. Considering the pass rate of 34%, i am happy.

But that only lasted for 2 days before I plunged into L2 stuff and became so demoralised, its just so hard and I really dont want to fail. My brain felt the same way as when I was doing L1 stuff, slow and not absorbing, it was only the very last month of L1 that my brain went into overdrive, it must have died the minute the clock stroke 5pm on exam day.

And yes, something I need to pen down since I been rambling about it to Alboy for the longest time. A while ago when our MM or his son, can't remember and the details are not important, went to a certain country and came back saying that the people were closed minded and lacking internationally, I didnt pay much attention and dismissed it. These days I realised how true it is, omg, that people are like super mountain tortoise, or maybe just the few I know but they are all like that! They think their country is the greatest and have no inking about anything else. Seriously, they didnt even know that we celebrate cny. I mean hey we are of the same race..omg omg omg. Then, food is another way to experience culture and diversity and knowing your food tells one a lot of how well you know a place. They know nuts! OMG. Not even curry chicken or laksa. Maybe not laksa but not even curry chicken our style. OMG. The best part, they think their place is the best. Totally reminds me of what MM says, like that they will never improve.
Plus, these are rich people with the ability to travel the world and experience culture, but they never do. Even if they do, they do it with such a closed mind.

Its just terrible. When I do have kids in the future, I am surely bringing them across the world or at least make them watch travel channel.

No comments: