Sunday, September 19, 2010

The flair for writing.

I don't think I write particularly well. My hand eye coordination is not what it seems. I think in perfect english but I land up typing terrible english. I am too lazy to check and my eyes glaze over most unintended errors. If there were no squiggy red lines, there would be twice the number of errors. I don't structure my thoughts, they are as randomised as they get. My only saving grace is that I write too flamboyantly, exaggerated things too much and have a vivid imagination. But then, these are the finer points that only a handful will appreciate.

I used to edit words for a living. I add fluff to sentences. Write stuff that fooled people into thinking I knew what I was writing. Cut and paste and then restructuring the sentence was a darn useful skill to have. Granted, words do come a tad easier to me than most other people. But with all the grammatical, spelling and poor sentence structure, it was amazing I managed to survive at work then.

I read back on my earlier posts and marvel at my language, mostly my imagination. I still think that my imagination is way way more vivid than most boring souls out there, but it , too , seems to have toned down quite a bit. I used to get pissed, not that I don't now, and feel a whole lot of other emotions. I think these emotions have been overshadowed by boredom, guilt and a general sense of uselessness these days. I feel that I have been limited this way.

Recently, I have started to write the really boring stuff again. Stuff where you just give the fact in clear, succinct english, and it felt a bit painful.

I told myself I won't write about mundane things in life, like what time i woke up, what i ate blar blar. Then, I told myself I will limit my negative thoughts writing. I don't want to belt out only when I feel depressed. I told myself that I will pick a topic and write about it. As usual, talk is cheap.

My thoughts as still as random as ever.

I have decided. my next blog entry shall me a list of things that makes me happy. we shall see.

No comments: