Sunday, September 12, 2010

The younglings

Just had dinner with a bunch of younglings, about a whole decade and more younger than me.
I don't exactly feel old among them, but I don't feel that i fit in, and that the whole generation of younglings are catching up onto me, socially, educationally, career wisely. No doubt about a good 3/4 of them will land up in the same position or somewhere below when they reach my age. It just makes me feel like I am not progressing. It hurts to know that you have just peaked in life. Not a very high peak too.

Well, I'm finally doing stuff that hopefully will raise the barrier higher. I'm not sure if it will work. But its definitely better than doing nothing. One has to try right. So world, wish me luck.

Then of course, I have my share of gripes. A particular wallet that I have been eyeing for a long time is now available. I almost bought it after convincing and justifying to myself, then the checkout process screws up and I am in limbo. I hate it that I need to justify such silly things to myself when some other people just do it without blinking. Gosh. Why is my brain wired like this?

I have 8 mths to make myself successful. I really need to work harder.

No comments: