Friday, December 15, 2006

Yet another wedding.


I attended my cousin's wedding yesterday and again I have this mixed thing abt wedding dinners.

Before the wedding, my stand towards wedding was to make it as simple as possible since nobody will be remembering it.
After my cousin's wedding, I changed my take. Now, its either as posh as possible or as simple as possible.
I was amazed at how much I bitched to myself about my cousin's wedding. Considering it was held at a restaurant, it was a tad different from all the fancy hotels I've been going to. Do not misunderstand me, I am not saying that it is in anyway inferior. It was just different. The crowd was different, more rowdy and dialect speaking. It actually felt more knitted considering there are only half the usual amount of tables. The music and lightning were so ching chong, but the food was actually ok. Hotel food are such horrid.

But, the whole thing was just so strange. I think I been to too many posh weddings. None of my relatives made snide remarks which was kinda surprising. My mum was convinced that at 550 a table it was expensive. I was thinking to myself, omg, if all my uncles think this way too, I will make a huge loss when its my turn. I cannot really verbalize what I feel cos I do not really know. Its just very weird, all I know at the end of the day is that I do not ever want to hold mine in a restaurant. So high class eh. *chides myself*  Mainly because , I do not want cheesy ching chong music, 80s Mission Impossible kinda tuntuntun lightning, cheapo looking gowns and albums. Sigh.  Double Sigh again because this totally contradicts my "I don't care" stand.  

Since my take on it is so extreme - either as posh as possible or as simple as possible. I feel extremely irritated.

Anyway, my take on it is that I am still not interested in all these wedding stuff. The more I am exposed to it, the more irritated I get. Why can't society except two people eloping or having different partners at different stage of your life. Although I stayed with a guy for a long enough time, sometimes, in fact a lot of the time, I just want to be alone. I don't like a lot of things that come with a r/s but I guess its a give and take kinda thing.

Enough rambling, Its Friday, my weekend should be approaching fast. Can't wait to get to my bday and the last week of the year.

No comments: