Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Paradise on earth

Maldives was lovely. Paradise. Heaven on earth. The most beautiful place I have been.

It was the only place where I wanted to hop onto a plane and fly back immediately right after I landed back in Singapore. When I close my eyes, I still can picture it vividly. I want to remember every moment of it before the memory gets blurred. It was just, perfect.

Our room was about the cheapest (but yet still very expensive imho) on the resort but yet it was lovely. The back of the room was a glass wall with wooden blinds. Open the door and you have this neat patio area afterwhich you walk out to pristine white sand and crystal clear waters. Yes, the beach at your backyard. It was just surreal. The waters were so clear that you can see fishes swimming to shore. On one day, dophines actually swam really close too.

At night, the sky was just a blanket of stars. Clear skies whole night. Beats all the stargazing sessions I been. The whole sky of stars just there for you. In my rush to pack the night before, I forgot my starmap so I could only recognise the major constellations which kinda pissed me off cos there were just so many of these jewels in the skies. I had told myself to pack it in but totally forgot.

I slept at 10pm everyday and wake up at 7, feeling all refresh and nice. The routine was so laid back, wake up , eat a hearty breakfast. Activity at 10+11, then back to shower and change nice nice for lunch, then activity again either at 2 or 4 then shower and change nice nice for dinner.

There were so many koreans there and boy do those ladies know how to dress. They were dresses I would wear to weddings to go on board a boat, complete with kitty heels. Its a wonder they didnt capsize on board. They kinda inspired me to dress up, so I had fun dressing up during mealtimes. Mambo had a closing down sale just 2 days before I left and I bought quite a bit of stuff there which came in handy. Alboy packed so many shirts and berns/jeans, I didnt even know he packed so much, he was always so nicely dress for meals too. That vain boy even brought two watches, one for meal one for rough use. I almost fainted when I found out.

What did I do there?
I went sailing, or rather sat on the sail and the guide jaga the boat, snorkelled, suba dive, wakeboard, fishing, did a half day island hopping thingy, went sunset dophin watching. It was just perfect, going out on the boat, sea breeze ruffling your hair. All the photos turned out fantastic, mainly because the scenary was so great it didnt even matter if you scrowl in the photo.

Fishing was an experience. There were so many fish out there. We were just provided a reel of nylon string and some tuna as bait, throw into the water and fish. Alboy caught this huge fish, or rather the standard size there, the length of the fish was from his ankles to his knees. I caught a tiny red snapper though. Best part is, they cooked it for you for dinner the next day. It felt a bit strange though, to be so involved in the killing and eating of the fish. A bit cruel cos you could see the poor fish struggling, hooked through its nose/eyes and then eating it the next day.

Snorkeling was just out of the world. There were stingrays, turtles , sharks, octopus and plenty of multi coloured fish. The marine creatures mentioned were just an arm length away. It was that plentiful and nearby. I even managed to touch and rub the shell of the turtle. Was a bit afraid of a Steve Irwin when I was swimming ontop the stingrays because I knew there were barely a meter below. In fact, we saw more snorkelling than scuba diving.

Wakeboarding. My first try. Everytime we do any of these sea sports in Singapore, you will land up smelling like the longkang water the whole day even if you give yourself a thourough bath. Here, the scenary just makes falling into the water fun. Clean water, nice backdrop. Photos turned out amazing too.

It was just amazing. No wonder so many people go there for honeymoon. Oh, we told the agent that we were on honeymoon too to enjoy the perks like free fruits yada yada....and when we first arrived the first night, I got a shock of my life. They used leaves, flowers to create this "happy honeymoon" words on the bed, then flowers scattered all over. I was just speechless for words. The bell boy was like "oh your honeymoon" and I wanted to say nononono, but I guess my jaws were just too wide open and too stunned to react. Alboy then took over from there and I didnt really know what was exchanged.

I want to go back there again.
Would post photos if not cos I am too lazy to figure out how the photo thing works. Don't have the software I used to use now that I am using the laptop.
Would show to all when we meet up. You have to see it. It just mega pretty.

The slightly ouch factor was that everything was so expensive.
Accomodation was 2.2kSGD , Spending amout there(inclusive of food and excurisions) was 1.2kUSD. Airport tax was 400SGD. Thank goodness I redeemed the tickets else that would have been an additional 1.2k SGD. Just this alone was like 4.5k SGD, just for 4 wonderful nights. Very expensive. But it was really worth every single cent imho.

I want to go back!!

No comments: