Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I hate cabs.

I am the kind of person who will not take a cab, but when I take one, its always in the "you cannot even get a cab even if you have money" situation. Loosely translated from Mandarin.

Give me $10 to take a cab, and I will sit take public transport there and keep the $10. Unless the journey is really too far. I find it really sinful to take a cab. I do not know why, its not as if I scrimp on other things as well. My logic has always been, it will take me $2 on public transport but 5 times the amount on a cab. Its not as if I cannot afford to leave my house a little earlier to save on extra traveling time. This is unless I get bus sick, which I get all the time. Its just strange, I cannot bring myself to flag a cab.

However, since I started working, I been taking cabs more often. Mostly after 8pm because my company pays for it. This is different, its not like they give me the money and I can pocket it as I do not take a cab. I claim when I take a cab, so since its paid for, I will be a dumbass if I do not take a cab. My logic is that I help the economy. The cab fare helps pay for the cabby family needs. He has money to buy more things, which create jobs for more people. The best thing about it is the company eventually comes from America and is not mine.

Today I wanted to take a cab home. This was one of my rarest cab moments. I walked from Lucky plaza to Far East Plaza but both queue were too long, so I crossed the road to Shaw center but could not get a cab either. I radioed for a cab, it took me 15 minutes before the machine gave me a cab, for 15 minutes it was the "I'm sorry, We are unable to locate a cab". I was cursing and swearing and kicking myself in the ass for not taking public transport. Plus, it was 9.30pm and I had not had dinner. Never mess with a hungry woman.

I remembered the last time I took a cab, it was the same experience. In short, I hate cabs.

1 comment:

Guojun said...

Hey babe. I know exactly what you mean. I got the same shit last night. Can read my blog to see. =)