Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm back! I'm back!

I'm back! I'm back!

I have been to Austin, SFO and back. It feels fantastic to be home, although the heat is almost unbearable these days. What's wrong with the planet.

I jumped from a 10 degrees in SFO to a sweltering 33 degrees here. I am almost melting.

SFO is a nice place, but its too touristy. Everyone is holding a map walking around in this overly excited face. It kinda reminded me a bit of the beach front at Patpong, Phuket, before the Tsunami that is. I took tons of photos. Somewhat in the magnitude of 1G. I took like 500 photos and because I had to use the highest quality standard for every shot, each photo was close to 2M each. Fantastic. Now, to develop the photos or not. I need my own printing facility!

I made two friends in SFO. A Hongki and a Shanghainese. John and Stephen. My colleague is convinced that John has a crush on me but I deny vehemently.I have to admit though that I was flirting with John sometimes. Anyway I will never like a guy who squirms about in a Victoria Secret Shop. Yes, we dragged both guys into a VS lingerie shop, Stephen was surprising open. I was expecting all mainland guys to be absolutely conservative. Bad stereotype but how can you blame me. I actually managed to persuade Stephen to buy a pair of undies for his girlfriend. It was 5 for $20 and I could only find myself 4 pairs.
He eventually settled for a simple white number with a pink band. He was absolutely terrified at the idea of buying her a thong. Nevertheless, I found the gesture extremely sweet. Mind you, his gf is only 18. Pedophile. I had it specially packaged for him in a pink wrapper and pink bag.

John on the other hand was trying very hard to make himself invisible in the shop. The only reason why he stood in the shop instead of outside was because he was cold. It was like 8 degrees outside and John was freezing. It was much warmer inside the shop.

John later insisted on eating Italian food for dinner. I found it strange that he wanted to eat Italian food in America. We settled for some pasta place and the guys did not know how to order. We Singaporeans are a lucky bunch. I had to give them a crash course on the different type of pastas and Italian sauces. Eventually, I gave up and ordered for them. Hhahah. The food was mediocre but the guys thought it was fantastic. We get much better pasta here.

My mandarin improved tremendously while I was in SFO. Ironical isn't it. I spoke nothing but Mandarin to them.

Anyhow, I want to go to Taipei next. Tickets on Jetstar asia are going for $68.

3 comments:

moi said...

Yes yes yes, he has a CRUSH on you. I just don't understand... this always seems to happen to you right? Hmm, just that wrong person..wrong time always...

Handsel said...

nonono, he does not have a crush on me. anyway, he falls into the category of one of those weird guys. i tihnk tics at $68 is a scam, i went to the jetstar asia webiste and all the tics are like about 300 return trip. crap.

Handsel said...

no he doesnt have a crush on me. anyway he is in hk n hasn't spoke to me in 2 days. he also thinks that sg has 4 seasons.