Thursday, September 01, 2005

Grrrrr

KNNCBB!


I think my DVD player is spoilt. I only watched a few shows on it.
- Aviator. Totally dumb show. Leo Dicarprio totally pisses me off. I cannot imagine I actually like Titanic then
- Spanglish. Soso, very average
- Disc 1 of Hotel Rwanda. Before it went caput on me, it went loading loading loading before it displayed 'bad', as if to mock me.


Its only a week and a half, its terrible.


Hotel Rwanda is probably the best show so far. The accent reminds me of one of my University Prof.


If you do not know what the show is about, let me summarise it for you,
In short, its a show about ethic cleansing and a man's effort to maintain humanity.


Long ago, the Belgians ruled Rwanda. They divided the people into the Hutu and Tutsis. The Hutu and the Tutsis were divided based on ridiculous criteria like width of nose and other physical features. The Tutsis were in power. However, when the Belgians left, they left power to the Hutu instead. All hell broke lose. The long oppressed Hutu wanted revenge on the Tutsis and went on to do a ethic cleansing. The UN and other international peace forces pulled out from Rwanda, leaving it to fend for itself.


The lead character, Paul, is a hotel manager. He is Hutu but his wife and his neighbours are Tutsis. During this period of mess, he turned Hotel Rwanda into a refugee place, keeping the Tutsis safe. Then....Disc 2. DVD player spoil.


So anti-climax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ... my DVD player broke down too !!!!