Tuesday, October 18, 2005

OTT

Ok, the plan was to finish clearing my email before blogging, but the server had to be down.

Thats 5 whole days of not switching the computer on. Sleep has crept up on my pirority list these days

I had wanted to blog about my Saturday before the memories slowly fade away. If I could, I want one of those bowls that Gandalf has so that I can relive them.
I attended a bridal event on Saturday. Shocked eh, even I am. Esp given the current state of things where weddings totally pissed me off. I am still slightly pissed at it but nm.

My colleague had this extra ticket for a 'Fairytale Wedding;. Fairytale wedding - duh. I am not sure, Some girls dream of themselves as princesses on their wedding days, all dolled up beautifully and everything and die to get married. I don't. In fact, I have never thought of such a thing all my life, then and now. I was cynical at the invite itself 'Fairytale wedding'.

I was her plus one for that event. It was meant for marrying couples to go but we went together anyway. There was a 5 course lunch. It sucked pretty much anyway.

When I was there, they set up little rooms where they show you wedding stuff, from wedding cards (which pretty much all look the same to me), wedding gifts -which in my opinion chocolate is the best, why bother about bells or shot glasses or keychains. But I had to admit, some of the keychains were pretty cute, but then, if I had my choice, I will just choose the cheapest, afterall, half the people at your wedding do not know you and will not be bothered with what the table gift is. Choose chocolate, has endophins(spelling?), makes you happy, makes everyone happy.

Then, they had different menus for dinner course and colour schemes. It was so confusing. I flipped through it and left it back at the table. Duh, too much information on a Saturday. Its crazy. I could see so many couples poring over it all. Its crazy, I repeat. Again, if I had my choice, I will just pick the one that is cheap but does not look cheap. Who cares if you take pains to choose the nice nice fish or nice nice seafood, its all going to suck. With the exception of Tracy's wedding, how many of you actually tasted good food at a wedding???

We were then led into the ballroom where there was a fashion show, at least I attempted to look at the details on the gown. After the 5th gown, the 40 other gowns following it all looked the same to me.

I left the whole event, even more anti-wedding then before. I mean, its ok to get married, but to put so much emphasis on it, it misses the point for me.
Maybe I my mindset will change as I grow older, but thats it for now.

The saving grace was that my colleague was excellent company. It beats sleeping on a Saturday afternoon. I, however, did deliberately leave all the brochures that I collected with Alboy. It was more to see his reaction than anything. Haha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Handsel said...

Oh yes, Dumbledore. I keep mixing them up because the same actor plays them both.