Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happiness!

Its been some time.

Many things have happened. Now you can be jailed for your blog's contents. I still do not quite understand the whole thing. Those guys certainly deserve a hard knock on their heads for being so silly as to write such thing, or reveal their identities. But then again, those were the good old days when we thought the internet was a free space for everyone. Apparently, it seems not so.

I wonder what Sg youths will be like ten years later with no outlet to express themselves. First you complain we do not express ourselves, do not voice our opinions, when we do, we have to make sure they are politically correct first. Duh.

I do not know what those two guys wrote exactly.

If they attacked the religion itself, then it is so wrong, for obvious reasons. You cannot attack something age old which millions cling to as their faith just because you do not believe in it. This is why I walk away and try hard to keep my mouth shut when over-zealous Christians come evangelizing. They can get quite irritating sometimes, which in itself is so ironic. You keep me away by trying to spread the faith to me.

However, if they attacked the characteristic of the people of that race, then ... I have to say 'no comments'. Dun play play, wait kena jailed so 'no comments' it is.

Sigh. I still do not see how a jail term will help. Send them to community service, make them mingle with people of the faith to understand more and clear misunderstandings. That may be better. Now, I'm sure the halo effect of the whole saga is that everyone feels stifled. They will just talk about it among like-minded friends but not blog. How is the government able to police our thoughts? The whole thing reminds me of 1984 by George Orwell. Big brother is out there. Beware.

Enough of these.

I been quite happy these days. I took a day off on friday and had a great time.

I went shopping with my mum. I bet you didn't expect that, because any conversation between my mum and I usually sounds like a fighting match. However, I have to admit that as I grow older, I really learn to appreciate my parents more. Really, it frightens me what I'll be without them.

I bought a multicolored Papilllio. Or rather, my mum bought me a multi-coloured Papillio. Its my second pair of Birkenstock. My first pair was a orange, conservative design. Now, I have the multi colored ones. I was pondering for the longest time if they will match my denim skirt today but I decided against it and wore green heels instead. Can't wait to wear them.

I did my nails too. Its fantastic. The best I did so far. The girl really scrubbed all my calluses away. My sole is so soft and pinkish now, and mind you I had a lot a lot a lot of dead skin to start with. Go look for Melodyn at Espirit Wisma Level 3.

I bought a dress too!. I bought a nike top too!
Its amazing what one day off work can do to you.

1 comment:

Guojun said...

Ha!! Babe!! You finally updated!!!!