Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm so happy, oh so happy today....

Really so happy...

It’s the happiest day in my worklife since I started work!
Why? Cos I skived!

I skived! I skived! I skived!

Before you prejudge me as someone who finds every opportunity to skive, I don't. I do my fair share of work, just that sometimes things plateau and your morale is on the low side, it feels really good to skive.

I did not work the whole day at all, although I did check and reply my emails when I got home.

I bought a cinderella skirt. Its a green skirt with purple trimmings. I was wearing my $5 coat white singlet today. Pair it together with the green skirt and I look just like cinderella singing while doing her household chores. I will wear for you guys one day. Its the longest skirt I bought. At knee length - even longer than my school uniforms.

I went expo for the bookfair. I love books. I bought Life of Pi, The rule of 4, Black Beauty, The Orange Girl, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Douglas Adam, Alice in Wonderland at $39 in total. Lovely.

I reached home at 6.30pm. Imagine its wonderful. Usually 6.30pm marks the start of the 2nd shift at work. The evening sun was so warm to the skin. A lovely kind of warmth. I took in the sights and sounds as I see office workers carry food home, smelly school kids with their mums. Its really lovely. Although I did wonder how the office people actually manage to reach home so early. I conclude that to have a healthy lifestyle or in fact to have a life, you should be out of the office by 6 and indulge in other stuff. However I do not think that will happen at my workplace.

Also in between, I manage to try on some dresses for all the weddings I have to attend. Nice dresses but so ex, so I am on a wait n see mode. The irritating thing is most other girls wear the same size as me and the dresses get sold out so fast. The dress I saw was really nice, in fact it was featured in the SFF recently.

Oh, the best thing was. I was actually sitting on the bench in front of the shops waiting for them to open at 10am. I went in immediately after they opened. It was a wonderful feeling. No queues at the fitting rooms and all the service staff at your attention.

I was smirking at I made my home at 6pm when I saw all the office people start their shopping.
Oh, so happy. Really.

No comments: