Tuesday, April 11, 2006

STM?

I have just finished re-reading catcher in the rye and it really is a lovely book. I read it once long long time ago in secondary school but kinda forgot the storyline. I love Holden.

I still cannot figure out how I can forget the intricate details of books that I read. I remember everything I read before age 10 perfectly. I start to forget details from age 12 to 20 , and I simply do not retain anything from age 21 onwards.

Its like I know SCUBA stands for Self contained underwater breathing apparatuses, Yahoo stands for Yet another hierarchal officious oracle but I cannot for the sake of my life remember what laser stands for. I distinctly remembered learning it in JC. Yet, I cannot remember.

Facts I read from my Charlie Brown Encyclopedia I remember them all. Now when I read "The handy history answer book" I remember nuts. Not even the next day. I know I read about Saladin few nights ago but now I cannot even remember what his significance is. I only remember he appeared in the show 'Kingdom of Heaven' Duh, see I cannot even remember the show's title. I only remember that his father slapped him when he made him a knight and the father died.

I was going to comment last week here that I seemed to be taking the lift at work in the morning with a bunch of guys. I am usually the only girl in the life. I was about to comment that it really is a guy's job to earn the dough. Really, 4 days in a row, I was the only girl in the lift in the morning. Then yesterday, I took the lift with a bunch of girls. No guys at all. Today, I took the lift with two heavily pregnant ladies. Sigh, there goes my theory.

No comments: