Sunday, May 14, 2006

The DVC Race

Yes, I raced.

In an oversized T-shirt too. Two L shirts were stuffed into the race pack that I got and I was too lazy to change it into a smaller size. I knotted the shirt at the waist but it just keep coming apart as I ran, thus slowing me down a lot.

It was fun. Alboy was so hyped up about winning that I was amused. He ran from station to station. I never seen him run so fast before. In fact, I wasn't even sure he could run because he has one prone to injury knee. He was really fast. Most of the puzzles were solved by him.

He solved them even before I could take a proper look at them. So much so for being short. I could hardly peer over other's shoulder. So, I decided to take on a different approach. While Alboy looks at the puzzle, I will go towards the race marshal and blatantly look at the answers others have, rush back to tell Alboy. I guess I am better at cheating.

It was a mad rush from station to station. I lead on the trains as Alboy almost never takes the train. Yet, I still was baffled as to which was the only yellow mrt station around. I asked all my friends and everyone told me commonwealth. I thought so too. It turned out to be Toa Payoh. Well, it figures, all of us live in the West and hardly go further than Orchard.

Anyway, it was great fun. The downside - My legs actually ache today from all that running. and to think I swim almost everyday and just paid 400 bucks to renew my pool membership. Crap.

No comments: