Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Music feeds the soul

I was never a music bluff. Most of the time I listen to songs without knowing the lyrics or the singers. An mp3 player has no use to me. In fact, I only have 1 mp3 (my ringtone) in my sony walkman phone. A waste really.

Today I made myself a 7 thousand dollar radio. Yes, using equipment meant for more advanced applications, I made myself a radio. It was fairly simple considering all you needed was to capture the correct radio frequency signal and strip it down.

I love the sound of music at my work place. At my old seat, my malay colleague keeps the radio on all the time. Subconscioulsy, I was kept fairly updated with the latest release. Eversince I moved into the quiet serious corner, I didn't dare bring my own radio in the fear of breaking that intense silence. I started to lose touch with songs - which was good only in one way because Beyonce "Check on it" was just so painful to the ears. I call it the niam keng song. It just rants and rants. Now that I hear it less often, its actually not too bad.

Today I had an excuse to build the radio because it was needed for some demostration purpose. Also, half the people ard were not in. The other half were newbies who I know I can override. The sound of music. Fatabulous.

Tomorrow, I will try pushing the line to see if I can keep it on during the day.

No comments: