Sunday, June 19, 2005

Manila, Taipei, Kota Tinggi

Let see, I be going Philippines, Manila (not Philadelphia, I wish), Taipei and Kota Tinggi all within a month.
I ought to be feeling wildly excited but I am not.

Manila is going to be boring. I have no idea what to do there. The peso is cheap but the city doesn't entice me. Perhaps its time to search in Lonely Planet to see how I can entertain myself there. Its always fun going to a new place to immerse in their culture. The not so fun thing is having to do your research before going. Where to find good food, where to shop, where to sightsee. My tastebuds do not accustom well to strange food, finding food is always a chore for me.

When I travel overseas, Malaysia especially, I starve. I cannot for nuts eat halal food. There is this smell about it that puts me off. I usually eat bread or force feed myself when I get really hungry. I console myself by thinking that by reducing my food intake, I will need to shit less. Shitting in a foreign place, Malaysia especially, is traumatizing.

I hope Manila will be fun eventually. However, I am not expecting more. Its hard to shop, go to pubs when your boss happens to be around. Such a wet blanket.

Taipei should be fun. I want to eat all the funny taiwan snacks. Its chinese food k. Hunt for cheap bargains. The only thing nagging at the back of my head is this sneaky feeling that I would not be rejuvenated after the trip but come back to loathe my routine life even more.

Kota Tinggi, if I had a choice I would not be going there. Its for some spastic company team building exercise. IMHO, its a waste of money. They should just give each of us the 300 bucks instead. Now I have to go there, smile, feed mosquitoes and tread in the wilderness. It is on a Saturday too. I want to sleep in on a Saturday instead of doing these silly actives. I mean, I see the bunch of nincompoops 5 days a week. Give me a break. Holding it on a Saturday also cuts short my weekend. Crap.

I want to go Europe!!!!

No comments: