Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Its a small world

The world is increasingly getting smaller

All my friends are scattered across the globe.

They started scattering to the West when they won scholarships or were rich enough to pay for an overseas education. But, it was mainly the US, UK and they came back eventually. I lost touch with most of these people anyway. I was never too close to them.

Now, the friends I made in University have found jobs and are all over the world for work. Some for days, some for weeks,months and even years.

ZZ is in Japan teaching English. He is under the employment of the Japan Government. Ultimate coolness.
Vinny is in Taipei. About Vinny, I have tons to say later. *adjourned*
ZY is in Suzhou.
CY is in some obscure part of China.
Windz is in KL.
WG is in Norway/Finland. Ya, guess where he works.
and oh ya
GJ in some jungle out there.

We are all scattered over Asia Pacific. Which leads me to think the way business and organization grow these days.

*sings its a small world after all, its a small small world*

K, vinny.

He has been icqing me everynight in Taipei. He doesn't even talk to me this much when he is in Sg. Its like he updates/reports to me.
He is a 'woe betide me' guy.
Everynight, he has something to complain. First, he couldn't open his luggage lock and spoiled it, the next night he missed the company bus, the night after he lost NLB's copy of Lonely Planet, after that he thought he lost his hp and not to mention having to iron clothes.
Who irons clothes overseas??? Esp when the company is paying.

Attitude attitude. Some people always appear happy, I am sure they get bad hair days too. Some people like vinny think they are the most unfortunate beings around and everything is always going wrong for them.
I am a little sick of him complaining to me and I feel like scolding him over ICQ. But, I know its can get lonely in a big hotel room and so I am being nice. I been so nice so far. Maybe I will go slap him when he comes back.

No comments: