Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Yesterday, my colleague called someone who was jobless a loser.

This loser is another colleague's bf. He graduated in the same year as me and joined the rat race along with the rest of us.

He has found his job not to be motivating and very uninspiring. Therefore, the resignation.
I secretly envy him for being so brave and reckless. In these days, can you really afford to quit without securing another job?

His logic was that quitting will allow him to concentrate full time on his new job search.
I know I will never be able to toss my hair in the air and quit just like this.

If I had a choice, would I want to work? I sit on the fence on this.

I hate having to kickstart my body so early in the morning. I am so not a morning person, it doesn't matter if I slept 20 hours the night before, waking up before noon is still a feat to me. I hate being a coporate rat, I hate that whatever I do at work benefits a company whose chairman I do not see. I hate that only a tiny fraction of the money I earn for the company goes to my pay. I hate the routine.

I do enjoy getting my pay, the slight freedom it gives me. I do enjoy that I do not have to lie aimlessly on bed. I do enjoy the Friday 5pm moments.

Let see, it seems like my do enjoy list is way shorter. But hey,the grass is always greener on the other side.

But I conclude, money drives me. Do you dare say money does not drive you. Whatever crap you give abt money being a factor and what not is crap. Think about it, it all comes back to one root.

I think if I had a million dollars parked somewhere, work will be more fun.
***
Back to more friulous issues, I been staring at my nails and been wondering if I want to get a pedicure.

Pedicures in my opinion are a total waste of money. However, I enjoy them tremousdouly. You have pretty toes after that.

Who in the world looks at toes? Only girls.
***
I hate reading the newspapers when they write about how ITE graduates become very sucessful, and how more and more poly students go to university.

I think its crap. Hellllo, we all know that Its The End no matter how nicely you spruce up your campus and how poly students cannot make it, even those that evenutally do go on to university. A handful of them are fine, but most of them just lack it up there.

Why can't the govt and newspapers tell the truth. So, after ten years after your ITE days, your mean salary will be 2400. I remembered reading somewhere that the national average salary is 2400. So, they take ten years to be average, and you consider it good? You were the ones who whipped us so hard in our school days, telling us we had to get the best education, you made us work so hard and now you say poly and ITE is good? Hellloo.. wake up your idea.

What I do love is when the govt condemn the malays by publishing those embrassing stats. Finally. Helllo....still dun want to wake up your idea?

No comments: