Monday, January 23, 2006

Cny soon.....

Sunday night, Monday technically.

Yet another work week ah. I know no one likes hearing me complain abt the work week but yet i think I am entitled to. 5 days. Boss will be back on Wed. The week passes really fast actually. You just have to know how to skive. Nowadays I am quite good at spending 2 hours staring at my screen doing no work, but appearing like I am hard at work. Its a waste of time really. With the combined job scope, I really have no idea wtf I am supposed to do.

5 days to cny. The qns in my head is whether I will get a half day on Friday. I doubt so. Coy's exteremely stingy. We didn't have a half day on the friday before xmas and ny last yr, and we apparently did very well last year, brought in a lot of money. So this cny, I am not expecting much. Stingy. I wonder if the schools are having half days.

Anyway, if I were given half day, I prob go swim go to town and go home the normal time. Will just tell my parents I have to work at usual, lest I be embroiled in all the non stop spring cleaning.

I went chinatown. It was not as crowded as I expected. I didn't pespire. But it was a hassle trying to find a place to park. Why is it that everyone can afford cars???? We shall not even go there. Anyway, I spent $40 bucks on sweets, those taiwan sweets. I belived I was conned. I mean they were 1.80/100g. I couldnt have bought so much. It was actually $36, but the guy refused to return me $4 and just threw more sweets into my bag. It wasn't even in the flavour I wanted. Got slightly pissed and helped myself by just dumping his display into the bag.

So maybe, I did buy $40 worth in total.

Besides that, I do not feel the cny mood at all.

Not the least bit. I have no new clothes. I loathe going to buy. Shopping, as I always maintained, is tiring. Its more of a social activity to me. I hate the blasting dong dong chiang music they have to play in every shop. It drives me out of the shop immediately.

I do not feel joyous, no mood. Its like ok. p.hol and then the drought. In fact I am dreading it.
Same old routine every yr. Even the though of collect ang baos does not entrall me any more. No doubt I collect quite a fair bit each yr. Its like ok lor, you want to give you give lor, else nm. Becuase to me, that money I get from the ang baos is no longer enough.

When I was schooling it was great, extra pocket money, bank account got bigger. Now, its not as if the bit of ang bao money will help me buy a car or a flat. Its all relative I guess. Now, its like, I get my regular pay, no difference. I guess my wants and needs perhaps have changed.

This one colleague of mine has been anticipating cny since dec. I do not understand him. But then again, he is malayisan. and comes from a kampung. I really hate that innocence abt him. When we were complaining that we hated the dong dong chiang songs, he said he liked them. I really felt like strangling him then. When we were lamenting how we hated renunion dinners, he said he enjoyed them and was looking forward to it. He talks abt cny as if he were living in the 80s. My 80s. MAybe his hometown is indeed that backwards. Anyway, the look of him pisses me off, but yet I have to smile.

Besides him, I dun really know anyone else who truly enjoys and looks forward to cny. Sad isn't it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya agree with you.. totally no mood at all. I even got to go class on Fri evening! Dammit! but then my boos lets me have Fri off... so I should be free in the afternoon but busy at night.. what a waste.

Anyway your colleague comes from M'sia mah... so maybe misses his family or what lah, haha different cultures lah