Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The day before p.hol

So, I thrilled my dad by packing my room today. I guess he was half expecting me to go out because tomorrow is a p.hol. My room really doesn't look any neater, I just took things off, wiped the dust and put them back, throwing away junk in the process. No matter how hard I try to arrange my things, its just that messy.

Then, my dad kept popping into the room to see how long I would last. Usually I attempt to clean for 5 good minutes and I take off. I cleaned for almost an hour today. In his own words, "waa i never seen you like this". Man, he doesn't know that I been cleaning my room in sections, I even packed my wardrobe the other day. The clothes are all neatly stacked up, not like in the rolled up ball they usually are.

Lets hope this last 2 weeks into cny, when my relatives stomp my house. We go to each other place for dinner till we complete everyone's house, my mum being the youngest so we are always last and about 2 weeks into cny.

I just spoke to J on msn, he is my colleague from hk. I met him briefly in Austin and we toured SFO together. He was absoutely sticky and my sg colleague thinks he has a crush on me. I think so too actually but I cannot possibly admit it. Alas, he falls into the freako category of people that I somewhat always manage to attract. Alboy blames it on my teeth, but thats another story all together.

My point is that J is also moving out of his position to do some other role. It just reinforced and made me happy that I moved too, else I be like this big loser that is still stuck.

I been spending too much money on cabs. I spent a total of $50 since the year started. $30 of which I can claim. The other $20 cos Alboy had to drop me at absoulutely ulu place, places where there are no train stations ard and places where its so not worth trying to figure out the buses cos its was too late at night. Thus, I cabbed. It cost at least $10 from anywhere in sg to my house.

Its riduclous. Tiong Bahru to here is $9.70. YCK to here is $13. Holland V to here is $9. Orchard to here is $10. ECP is $15. Airport is $19. It baffles me.

No comments: