Thursday, January 27, 2005

On Government Service

Aiyoh, I saw an envelope addressed to me "On Government Service"

I panicked. I thought I owed them money, or like finally after a decade , they decided they gave me the wrong PSLE score or something.

Girls usually are not on Government Service.

I opened my letter and saw that I was on government service because I am not married. SDU sent me their revamped membership card, its good till next January. Woohoo.. I am so excited. Yeah right.

Come to think of it, the last time I received a government service letter is when SDU sent me my first membership card. Its a waste of money really. They print on very good quality paper. Its not the usual paper that you get all your bills. The SDU paper is thicker, probably whiter too. No wonder everyone grumbles when they pay tax.

Oh, SDU sends this regular newsletter too. Its published by Mediacorp I think. Its really crappy. Good places to go on first dates include parks. Yucks, I will never want to meet the guy again if he brings me to a park for a first date. I would think most girls think the same way too. Parks are boring unless you blade. SDU didn't suggest that, it merely states to walk around in the park. The park refers to parks like Kent Ridge Park, Bishan Park yadar yadar, not ECP or WCP.

Remember, to get married is to do Government Service.

2 comments:

Guojun said...

Wahaha... me too! My mother was like so worried.... Turns out its only a fucking letter from fucking SDU...

Anonymous said...

hello!!!

yours is up to Jan next year.. mine till June this year! Maybe they feel I will get married early!

seriously.. i dunno wat to do with the card.

guybrush