Monday, September 27, 2004

Cheese Fondue and Aphrodisiac Cake

I had cheese fondue over the weekend at Swiss culture. It was different but nothing fantastic. A pot of overpriced melted raclette and some other cheese, the pungent aroma of good cheese was sorely lacking.



looks yucky right.

The waiter was a dumbass. He looked a bit like Bernard Lim but was trying to hard to act smart. There was a condescending look on his face when he took orders. It was the "oooh, yet another bunch of destitute fools."

I ordered a cheese and mushroom pasta in additional to the cheese fondue. He looked at me and gave this incredulous face. "Its cheese again", he said in a mildly irritated tone.
Obviously I realized. What, am I blind??? I can eat up all the cheese hills in the world if I want to. I glared at him and gave a resounding yes. He proceeded to scribble it on his miserable order form, I’m dead sure he must have dismissed me as yet another dumbass bimbo. Hey Waiter, read the papers, the school I went it is like officially top in sg now. Sidetrack, I have never seen so many medal of honors and a full page report dedicated to RV in the papers before.

When the cheese fondue was served, waiter went "All you have to do is to dip the bread in the cheese and eat, Very simple". I retorted when he went away " yayayya, else what, shaft the bread up your ass is it".

I hate dumb people.

I had a more pleasant dinning experience on Sunday.

I have to applaud big O for both its creativeness and chessy-ness.
Dang ordered a Rueben Sandwich, and it came in the shape of a heart. Muahaaaa.
Those who know that big O has been appointed as one of the official speed dating place will not be surprised. I was utterly tickled. Imagining eating a heart. Worse still, imagine a nervous guy asks a girl out for the first time, and he gets a heart for dinner. The guy might just pee in his pants out of sheer embarrassment.

That was not it.
There was an aphrodisiac cake – the official "Romancing Singapore" cake.
Surprise, it was in the shape of a heart. It was a very very yummy chocolate truffle cake.

And the best part of it all, big O forgot to charge me for the cake and the ice-cream.
Free Dessert. Now, how much more wonderful can life be!

No comments: