Tuesday, October 19, 2004

In BKK

yyooyoy, handsel is utterly lost in translation in bkk. Actually its not that bad, but since this is supposed to my outlet, allow me to exxagrted it. It would be more fun reading this way too.

I am placed in a hotel quite far away from the rest of the world. okok, it is not that far, but it certainly looks isolated on the map. My bkk office admin boasts that there is Robinson and Carefour nearby. Why in the world would I want to do in Robinson and Carefour? Methinks it is her way of scoring points for being able to place me in a cheap location. Only SGD 48 a night, inclusive of ABF, how wonderful can that get?

Enough grumbling. I am supposed to be upbeat.

Thankfully for people like guybrush, pally and even my dear cousin to keep me company and listen to my whines via the power of the internet.

BKK is seriously cheap. I cannot find a way of saying that without acting like some rich swine, but seriously, it is dirt cheap.

Meals are on the average 20Baht, which is like less than a single sgd dollar. I took a cab to the hotel from the airport, I waved a 500 baht bill to the cab driver and he recoiled in shock. It was as if the note was that terrifying. Friends have told me to live it up and pamper myself. However, I find myself with no urge to buy anything. I learnt from previous shopping lessons in BKK, that everything adds up, and that most of the time, you land up buying things you never use back home.

Anyway, my little eye spys a lovely lingerie shop in the office building nearby, perhaps I will wander in and sing a different tune later.

Oh ya, its vegeterian week in BKK now, wtf, whats up with it? Also, they are running a energy saving campaign, so all major malls have to shut by 9pm. huh? What about econmical sense? I figured that as long as the tourism board does not advertise this fact, tourists will still flock in. Everything's so cheap anyway.

I wonder why I will go tonight, BKK can get a tad scary at night. It feels like there are people prowling at every corner sometimes, I think I'm slightly paranoid but then cliche as it may be, better safe than sorry.

Anyone wants anything from BKK? Let me know.

No comments: