Sunday, October 17, 2004

Mama mia ...here I come again...

Today I asked Dung, What age do you think it's a good age to be?

He replied instantly, "Newborn".

I stared back wondering what he will sprout next. He said in all earnestness, "because they get a lot breast". He elaborated that if he were newborn with the mentality of an adult, he would be happiest. He said he would start wailing each time the nipple is taken away from him.

Man. Sigh. *heaves*

I later cajoled him into answering my question again. This time he answered, "Now" with affirmative and conviction. "Now is the time I am the Man that I will become". Something to that effect. He said it in a more grandiose way. I was slightly swooned over when he said this but I kept a straight face. Very charming indeed, or at least I thought so.

I have always wanted to be older. Slightly older so that people will take me more seriously. I know that when I am slightly older, I will want to be younger. So, I am not thinking so much about it. I just feel that now is the age where everyone around you treats you like some green horn and dished you away. I suspect there is a more elaborate underlying reason to why I feel this way, but I do not want to go that far to probe why.

Emi wants to be 18. She thinks it's a good age to be. I think its because her crush is 18 and she finally realized how bloody old she is. Pedophile. 18 is not a good age to be. Sure, you can buy cigarettes, drink and go pubbing legally. I enjoyed the time when I was 18 or rather I enjoyed the times I remembered I was 18. I now classify all 18 years old as young punks. Yes, that was how long ago I felt 18 was.

Watched Mama Mia today.

Buy the CD instead. Its about the same. ABBA sounds better. Much. I didn't enjoy the musical, even though I paid for top dollar seats. I thought the lead singers went off-keys and were screaming instead of singing. The ploy was weak IMHO.

Act one was the day before the wedding. Sophie reveals that she invited 3 man who might be her father to her wedding. It turns out that Sophie secretly read Mum Donna's diary. Donna had 3 romps with 3 guys consecutively. Donna herself does not even know who the dad is. It went into a confusing song and dance about almost nothing.

Act two was the day of the wedding. Song and dance again. It was sometimes funny but largely slapstick. The best part was when Donna's sidekick dangled a fish and when "pepper my snapper". Obviously none of us poorly read Singaporeans caught the joke. Thankfully Dung and I were slightly wider read and I swear that we were the only two people in the audience, minus the ang mohs, laughing. Anyway, the musical ended with Sophie decides not to marry her groom. Her groom was extremely happy about her decision. Sophie was happy too. In a twist of events, Donna landed up marrying one of the three guys. Werid. Marriage always is depicted too lightly. Tsk Tsk.

In short, forget about the musical. Get the CD. Its about 10 times cheaper too.

Man, I was supposed to pack my clothes for BKK but yet I procrastinated again. WTF. I will just pack tomorrow. I need not be so hard on myself.


No comments: