Tuesday, October 12, 2004

lalala, engerizer bunny


Yoyoyo, Handsel springs back into action. *dong dong dong* Think energizer bunny heartily drumming away.

I been to KL and back, got a new pair of shoes, cut my hair. Not bad eh. But I also think I got fatter.

About KL, I eventually drove up to KL Did anyone see the KL tourism board advertisement? It's the one where Asher Gill stars in. In the advert, they play wonderful music, you see frame after frame of glamorous Asher partying in clubs, shopping in really nice malls , spending time at nicely renovated coffee joints yadar yadar.

You say to yourself, wow, what a wonderful place. Afterall, it is a very vibrant ad. Beats Australia Ad, I have no idea but Australia seems to be after the grey dollar instead. So, if you are ang mo, you will probably fall in love with this truly asia place and want to visit KL.

Thankfully I know better than those silly Ang Mohs. That city is a mess. The city is an inane representation of the ad. Everything seems dusty there. Dark characters lurk around everywhere. Traffic is lawless there. Officers of the law are constantly on the prowl for a bribe. We had to pay a 60rm bribe to get pass the causeway. It is absolutely disgusting. It is times like that that I am so thankful I'm Singaporean.

Then, in all fairness, I have to admit that I only venture like a 200m radius from when I stayed. I was stuck in a gaudy meeting room all the time. Needless to say, they did not bother to provide us with any drinking water.

Sigh.

To happier things, I love my new pair of shoes. Actually, I loved the way I got them. I had to get a new pair of shoes on Sunday because I found out last minute that I was going to dine with class and all I had on were my lovely red reefs. I hate having to be forced to buy something, plus my head was spinning because I was insufficiently rested.

Thankfully, I have my fashion consultant aka manslave with me. He loves shopping. So all I had to do was to sit on the couch, wait for him to pick out shoes for me , try them on, wait for a verdict and finally pay for one pair. Fantastic way of shopping. I feel like a diva. Wooohoo.
I love my fashion consultant/manslave


No comments: