Thursday, October 14, 2004

Jaywalking is not as bad as it seems

Man, this is the first time I am blogging at work. Correction, blogging after work hours but in the office. Blogging with Lotus notes.

I have no idea what those goons in my office do after 530pm. I assume that some are nincompoops and take very long to complete their daily tasks, other feel that long hours are directly proportional to a measure of how good you are , some have no lives. Perhaps some of them are trying to avoid their spouses at home. I wonder.

I decided I should stop using the word dang. Too many people I know are referring to it. I want the luxury of having the name to myself. From today, I will refer to him as Dung. Forgive the lack of creativeness.

Today I emailed chat a friend. Let's call him Caterpillar. Caterpillar's getting married at the end of the month. I told him that marrying scares me and he ironically commented that one should not marry too young and he is scared too. Caterpillar is only two years older. I wish him all the best.

Bolting out of the office now
**************************
Fast forward, remembered I bolted out of the office. It is now a day later.

I just watched Sg Idol Everytime I watched it, I feel like changing my TV set. I always wonder why I feel the same way everytime. The idols, or rather contestants , were sorely lacking. It was painful having to hear them sing. Sigh.

Today I jaywalked. I normally don't . In my defense, I had a gnawing feeling that if I walked the 100m to the traffic light, I would have missed my bus. And, I was darn right. The bus arrived out of nowhere as soon as I jaywalked. It was as if it were the midnight express. I hate having to wait aimlessly for the bus. I tried reading/smsing at the busstop, but the results were always disastrous. The bus will become oblivious of my presence and conveniently zoom pass me. I have resolved never to do anything else but be on the prowl for buses at busstops.

For those of you who drive, you lucky bastards. You probably are clueless to the public transport system.

I re-emphasis my point in my earlier entry. I wanna be a superhero. Life will be more exciting without having to worry about missing buses.

No comments: