Thursday, December 30, 2004

Still missing

Gosh, Weiqiang is still missing. His story has surfaced in Straits Times and other media. Really hope all goes well.

I known him since I was 10. That's a long way back. Now the only thing I can do is to post his information on any online list, forums I can find. I am not sure if it will help, but at least its better than sitting back and doing nothing.

It is really hard to find any information online, the sg govt provides very scanty information about Singaporean victims. You would have to go to Thai sites to learn more, then again, none of us can read Thai.

I read reports after reports of the disaster. Its getting a bit of an OD. Its a mess everywhere.

I donated via dbs online banking. However, I have this feeling that my money will be used to defray administrative costs instead of reaching to the victims. This is why I have decided to buy a $10 food packet when I get to NTUC too. It hard to imagine that $10 is nothing to me, but it means a lot to others. All I have to do is to skip a meal or two, take the bus instead of cab, and that's my $10.

Note: Those of you who wants to donate via dbs online banking. Please make payment to "Red Cross Tidal Waves Asia". The consumer reference number is your contact number. You can also donate at ATMs.

No comments: