Monday, November 01, 2004

M1 is pissing me off

I finally wrote in to complain to M1 yesterday. My mobile line has been under my Dad's name. I was not 18 at the time of registration then and did not want to have to pay the silly $50 deposit. I have been wanting to have it changed so that I own the line.

However, M1 adamantly insisted that I would lose all my loyalty discount and perk points if I do so. Seriously, I care nuts about perk points. Its a scam because they are never enough to change for anything. Loyalty discount is a different matter, it shaves a substantial enough amount off my bill.

I composed my email and sent it off. Today, a Mr. Nuryusman called me and after wasting 5 mins of my talktime, informed me that he could not do anything. I supposed it is one of M1 ploys to add talktime into your phone bill. Foreseeing that I would probably be at work and thus inconvenient for me to answer calls, I had clearly stated in the complaint form that my preferred mode of communication was via email.

Anyhow, what Nuryusman did was to repeat "I understand, but there is nothing we can do" for 5 minutes. Hey, I did not submit a complaint to have someone who is not empowered be the punching bag of my grouses. I want action. I blatantly told Nuryusman that I would have no qualms about changing to another mobile operator and he told me there was still nothing he can do.

I was incensed. I mean, I do not even feel valued. I have been with M1 for 7 fucking years, despite the fact that Singtel obviously is the better service provider. I knew Nuryusman could not do much so I decided to send in another complain email when I got home.

Well, M1 beat me to it, Assistant Customer Service Manager sent me a survey rate requesting I rate Nuryusman's level of service. It was a fill in the blanks survey, I did not fill in the blank but instead wrote an email back. This is what I wrote:

Hi Irene,

Nuryusman was courteous and pleasant over the phone. However, I wished that your customer service representatives are more empowered. I have written in to complain about my dissatisfaction on some of M1 policies.I am a user of a M1 mobile line.

The line is registered under my dad's name because I was not 18 at the time of purchase. I am 24 now. Having the line under my dad's name has posed much inconvenience to the both of us. I could not upgrade/make changes to services and plans. A letter of authorization will not suffice and my dad has to go down to M1 personally before I can upgrade my handset. It is frustrating.

Nuryusman has given me options, all of which I have considered prior to writing my first complain letter. None of which is enticing. What I am requesting is for M1 is a change in subscriber name. I want to own the line, without losing discounts and perks points.M1 does not allow me to do so. I have made it clear to M1 that I would have no qualms about switching to another mobile operator once my contract period is up. Still, M1 insisted that there was nothing they can do.

I am aghast at M1's response. It did not make me feel that M1 values me as a customer. This is the same response I get from other M1 staff. In fact, this happens everytime I want to upgrade my handset without my dad's presence.Price plans among different operators have been very competitive, I would think that one has to value customers to keep them with you.

I am still requesting for the change in subscriber's name. Irene, I am hoping that you can accede to my request.If not, please refer me to someone more appropriate. Having to wrestle with M1 over my request is tiring, and it is making me lose faith in M1.

Regards
Cindy

I have a nudging feeling nothing with happen. I hate to be ignored. Rest assured I will complain all the way up. I wonder just how arduous the process will be. It is only a matter of time that I join Singtel.

2 comments:

Guojun said...

Hi babe. You should send your letter to the Straits Times Forum page. Tehn M1 will be forsed to give a more reasonable response. The rest of the world will know how screw up M1 is also.

Anonymous said...

you pathetic freebie seeker. Go and wipe your arse, u lil whine.